Reporters weigh in on the Mehserle verdict
by Thandisizwe Chimurenga
A sampling of reactions from small and independent news reporters during the July 8 protest rally called by the Los Angeles Coalition for Justice for Oscar Grant is recorded in these videos. The rally was called in response to the involuntary manslaughter verdict handed down by a Los Angeles jury just hours before. The location: Leimert Park, South Los Angeles.
Thandisizwe Chimurenga is a community journalist and a founder and host of Some of Us Are Brave, a Black women’s public affairs show on KPFK-Pacifica Los Angeles. She has worked with the L.A. Watts Times newspaper, the KPFK Evening News and Free Speech Radio News. She covered the trial of Johannes Mehserle, the killer of Oscar Grant, for the Bay View and several other Bay Area news organizations. She can be reached at email@example.com. Follow @OscarGrantTrial.
- LA activists prepare for trial of ex-cop who killed Oscar Grant
- Oscar Grant’s family slams letter from Mehserle, whose lawyer calls family ‘mean spirited,’ requests sentencing delay
- L.A. HipHop weighs in on the Mehserle verdict
- Tears flow as the defense rests
- The accused takes the stand
Comment Via Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments
Do you like this Article? Share it with your friends: